Collection of your information
We collect information from you directly or indirectly from each time of Use or through your interactions or relationship with us by way of any means or manner. Some examples are set out below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we may use information about you
We may use information about you including to but not limited to the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve your experience and the services provided for you in each time of Use;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events offered by the Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with the Uses;
- Personalise and improve for the Uses and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Help prevent unauthorized access to our website and our premises, secure property and information, protect the health and safety of our personnel and visitors, and detect and prevent criminal behavior or misconduct; and
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Who we share your data with
We share information about you including but not limited to:
- With your consent or at your direction, including with third parties that may be engaged directly or indirectly by the Company;
- With agents, consultants and other service providers to perform services for us, including payment processors and analytics service providers；
- If required by applicable laws and regulations or legal procedures, including in connection with lawful requests by competent authorities or courts;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of the Company or others; and
- In connection with the merger or sale of all or a portion of our assets or business to another company.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. For further enquiries about your data or changes to your data that we possess, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Where we send your data